The MoReq2010 specification is intended to be used:
- As an aid for the procurement of a records system;
- As a practical tool in helping organisations configure records systems to meet their business and legal obligations; and
- As a guide to the audit of an existing records system implementation.
- As a reference document for training courses and the preparation of course material;
- As a teaching resource for academic institutions; and
- As an example of how traditional records management approaches and archival science can be applied to modern systems requirements.
- To guide the development of records systems by suppliers;
- To integrate records systems with other business systems; and
- As the authoritative source when undertaking the testing and certification of compliant solutions by accredited test centres.
- As a user-centric and easily understandable resource and primer on implementing records systems;
- As the original for all translations; and
- As a reference glossary for guidance on records management terms and their meanings.